top of page

Let’s talk about Intra Company Transfer Program & Owner Operator LMIA

Under ICT you can open up your company branch or affiliate in Canada. Get work permit with family & apply for Permanent Residency there after.

The intra-company category permits international companies to temporarily transfer qualified employees to Canada for the purpose of improving management effectiveness, expanding Canadian exports, and enhancing competitiveness in overseas markets. It can be to open up new affiliate company in Canada.

Qualified intra-company transferees require work permits and are exempted from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)

Requirement for the multi-national company

  1. It should be incorporation/ private limited company

  2. Should have relation of Parent/affiliate/branch

  3. The enterprises must be doing business or will do in coming time (For new company setup)

  4. The company must have expansion plans in Canada & plan to staff the new operation.

Requirement for the employee (transferee)

  1. Employee must have been employed or by contract with the company for atleast 1 year with in the previous 3 years.

  2. Employee should be transferred to a position of executive, senior manager, or specialized knowledge.

Duration of Work permit/ Permanent Residency.

  1. Initial work permit is of 1 year, can be extended to 5-7 years. (LMIA exempt work permit)

  2. Spouse & get open work permit & kids can study for FREE till Grade 12.

  3. Apply for Permanent Residency when you are eligible after few months of experience in Canada or after atleast 1 year of Canadian experience.

  4. Apply for Permanent Residency under Canadian experience class or Provincial Nominee Program.

Under Owner Operator LMIA, you can start your own business and get LMIA for yourself, if your business is not able to find suitable candidate in Canada.

· Buy an existing Canadian business or setup up a new business in Canada.

· Create a job position for yourself as an employee of the business and apply for the Owner-Operator LMIA

· Get a work permit and start working for your own business as its employee

· Apply through Express Entry and become a permanent resident of Canada.


· Business Control (Means your share should be more than 50%)

· Benefit to Canada—Job Creation or Skill Transfer

· Active Participation in Management of the business

· Get 200 points for LMIA in CRS - EE Profile

For more details book and appointment:


Whatsapp/Tel. No.: +1-778-683-3008

Why you need regulated immigration Consultant?

- Consultant can help you to find the right category or which category best suites you.

- Consultant is professional who understand the complexity of the immigration system. Laws keep changing from time, a consultant remains updated.

- Consultants are trained to deal with immigration cases and can help you to make the process less stressful.

- There is lots of information on websites, but you need the right answers to your questions on which you can rely, and how to apply them to your situation.

- Consultant assures a complete and well presented application, so that case processes smoothly and it saves time and money. In some cases the interview can be waived off. Consultant considers your case, accordingly advise you as to what could improve your chances of an interview waiver.

- Consultants can help to ensure that the correct forms, documents and procedures are followed when submitting an application.

- The stakes are high. It is not the money alone, it is the time, energy and your future plans that are affected. So you need to be cautious.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts

For more info call/Whatsapp Kanwarjit Lall (Member of CICC) at 
+1-778-683-3008 or email at:

Search By Tags