Lost or Stolen Immigration Documents

If your passport and/or Study Permit has been stolen, lost or destroyed, it is important to deal with the situation and get replacements as soon as possible.

If your documents have been stolen, you should contact Police (or the Police Service where you were when your documents were stolen) and file a police report. You should ask for a copy of the police report, or at least the police report number.

Hopefully, you have made a scan or photocopy of your documents beforehand, which will help you get replacements. You should:

  1. Apply first for a new passport from the consulate or embassy of your home country.

  2. Once you have your new passport, apply for a replacement copy of your Study Permit (and any work permits). You will need to read the Instruction Guide [IMM 5545]and complete:

  • Supplementary Form [IMM 5541]

  • Payment Form [IMM 5542] ($30 for each document)

  1. Apply for a new Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) if necessary.

  2. Make a a scan or photocopy of your new documents and keep everything in a safe place.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts

For more info call Kanwarjit Lall (Member of ICCRC) at 

+1-778-865-3008 or email at: info@admireimmigration.com

Search By Tags

    © 2021 by Admire Immigration Services Inc.

    Canada Office:

    385-8148, 128 Street, 

    Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

    Tel: +1-778-683-3008

    Email ID: info@admireimmigration.com

    Email ID: bdm@admireimmigration.com


    India Offices:

    Ludhiana (Punjab): +91-98550-56207

    Jagraon (Punjab):  +91-98142-53486