top of page

Become a permanent resident – Caring for Children

Applying PR – Caring for children

Work experience

You must meet all of these requirements to be eligible for the Caring for Children Pathway.

  • You must have at least 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada as a home child care provider in the four years (48 months) before you apply

  • Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week

  • Breaks in employment are allowed (for example, periods of unemployment, long periods of sickness, parental leave)

  • Any work experience you had while you were a full-time student will not count towards the work experience requirement

  • Your work experience as a home child care provider must meet the definition in the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) Group 4411.

  • Foster parents are not eligible

  • You must show that you performed the duties listed in the NOC 4411 job description, including most of the main duties and ALL of the essential duties

  • Duties that begin with “may” are not usually considered to be essential duties

  • You must have cared for children under the age of 18, whether in your own home or in your employer’s home

  • You do not need to have lived in your employer’s home to qualify

Your application will be refused if you do not show that your work experience meets the NOC job description.

Language ability

You must:

  • prove your ability in English or French for speaking, reading, listening and writing

  • take a language test from an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC),

  • meet the minimum language levels of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 (use your test results to find your CLB level), and

  • include the original language test results when you apply

  • Your language test results must be less than two years old on the day CIC gets your application


You must have:

  • a completed Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least one year,


  • a completed foreign education credential, and an original Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an organization approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to show it is equal to a completed Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least one year.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts

For more info call/Whatsapp Kanwarjit Lall (Member of CICC) at 
+1-778-683-3008 or email at:

Search By Tags
    bottom of page