top of page

Bridging open work permit, extend your work permit – Economic class applicants

If you are currently working in Canada and you have applied for permanent residence, you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit if your work permit will expire in four months or less. This means you can keep working while we make a decision on your permanent resident application.

To qualify, you must have applied under the:

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program,

  • Canadian Experience Class,

  • Federal Skilled Trades Program,

  • Provincial Nominee Program,

  • Caring for Children Class, or

  • Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class.

You must also:

  • currently be in Canada,

  • have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months,

  • have applied for an open work permit, and

  • have paid the processing fee and the Open Work Permit Holder fee.

Note: If you applied under the Provincial Nominee Program, you must not have employment restrictions as conditions of your nomination.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts

For more info call/Whatsapp Kanwarjit Lall (Member of CICC) at 
+1-778-683-3008 or email at:

Search By Tags
    bottom of page