Canadian Experience Class (CEC):


The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) allows those with Canadian work experience & international students to become permanent residents.

  • Experience: Candidate must have at least 1 year (or the equivalent in part time) skilled work experience in Canada with the proper authorization in the 3 years before application date.


  • Language ability: If your skilled work experience in Canada is in a NOC 0 or A job, the minimum level is CLB 7 (English) or NCLC 7 (French) and If your skilled work experience in Canada is in a NOC B job, the minimum level is CLB 5 (English) or NCLC 5 (French).


  • Education: There is no education requirement for the FSTP/CEC. But, if candidate want to earn points under Express Entry , candidate must have a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma/ degree or a completed foreign credential and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC.


  • Plan to live outside the province of Quebec.


  • Note: Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program.


  • Option for International Students: For many international graduates, the Canadian Experience Class offers the fastest and easy path to achieve permanent residence.  After completing a program or course of study at a Canadian educational institution, many international graduates are able to remain in the country on post-graduate work permits. If, during this time, a graduate obtains at least one year of work experience, they may then become eligible to enter the Express Entry pool under the Canadian Experience Class.


  • More Options for Foreign Workers: If you are considering the Canadian Experience Class(CEC) because you qualify as a temporary foreign worker (TFW), you may have other options through the various Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP).