Work as a co–op student or intern in Canada

For some academic programs, work experience is part of the curriculum. Foreign students who wish to participate in a co-op or internship program must apply for a work permit as well as a study permit. Determine your eligibility To be eligible for a work permit, you must meet the following requirements: You must have a valid study permit. Your intended employment must be an essential part of your program of study in Canada. Your employment must be part of your academic, vocational or professional training program offered by a designated learning institution, certified by a letter from a responsible academic official of the institution. Your co-op or internship employment cannot form more than

Work off campus in Canada

Study permit holders in Canada may gain work experience by working off campus while completing their studies. As of June 1, 2014, you may qualify to work off campus without a work permit. If you qualify, your study permit will allow you to: work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break. To qualify, you must: have a valid study permit, be a full-time student, be enrolled at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level, and be studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads

Maximum Cumulative Duration of Work in Canada

On April 1, 2011, CIC introduced a regulatory amendment that establishes a 4-year cumulative duration limit a TFW can work in Canada. As a result, employers wishing to make a job offer to a TFW who has previously worked in Canada should be aware that TFWs reaching or close to reaching the 4-year limit may not be granted a new work permit, or an extension to their current work permit or they may have its duration limited. In addition, once the 4-year limit has been reached, the TFW will have to wait 4 years before being eligible to work in Canada again. The 4-year cumulative duration limit will only be counted starting from April 1, 2011 which means that as a result of this regulation, refusa

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags

    © 2020 by Admire Immigration Services Inc.

    Canada Office:

    385-8148, 128 Street, 

    Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

    Tel: +1-778-683-3008

    Email ID:

    Email ID:


    India Offices:

    Ludhiana (Punjab): +91-98550-56207

    Jagraon (Punjab):  +91-98142-53486